Owls and Cedar Waxwings

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2012
      Greetings!

      The two young Great Horned Owls at Fort Simcoe are out of the nest and perched on different branches in the nesting tree. I am concerned about one though--it may have a damaged eye. Will be going back later today to see if I can get better views.

      Meanwhile, the Burrowing Owl search in Medicine Valley continues without success. However, last evening we encountered a very large spread-out flock of migrating Cedar Waxwings. Sightings started on Wesley Road just north of Pearne Road and continued out in the valley on Old Maid's Road. They were perching in the willow and wild rose brush and provided many wonderful photo ops. My count came to 47 but I am sure there were more.

      Linda King, the old rookie birder at White Swan