Owls at Ellen and Andy's place

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2012
      Yakkers,

      Yesterday, 1 February, we had four species of owls here at our place in
      Parker Heights.
      The Barred Owl was in its usual dense juniper towards the west end of our
      entry lane. The Great Horned Owl was pretty near the top of an Incense Cedar
      a couple yards north of the hot.tub
      A Northern Saw-whet Owl tooted its whistled song for some minutes from a
      juniper not 15 feet from our bedroom window. A Barn Owl was shrieking in
      the open orchard below our house by the bin pile. The only regularly
      occurring owl we missed was Western Screech-Owl. Two Hermit Thrushes
      continue to munch on dried Virginia Creeper berries in the Douglas-fir in
      front of our house.