44th Ave Bald Eagle

  • Rich712
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2011

      My sister-in-law lives just north of Randall Park on 44th Ave. Twice in the past week she has observed an adult Bald Eagle perching in trees at the intersection of 44th Ave and Viola. This is at least the third (4th?, 5th?) consecutive year that Eagles have consistently perched in this residential neighborhood during the winter months. Presumably, ducks at Randall Park are the primary prey target.

      Anyone seeing Eagles along the Greenway yet?

      Befuddled Birder near 37th & Boonie Boon

    • kevinslucas
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2011
        at 1:30 bald eagle flew westward over our house 1810 Greenway. Now, on bikeride I see 2 perched south of Poppoff by river. Saw 2 about 2 weeks ago just a little north of their current location.
        Kevin on bicycle with phone.