Boreal Owl on Darland Mountain-17 October

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 18, 2011
      Yakkers,

      Ellen and I camped at Clover Flats Campground last night and were lucky to
      have a brief but close view of a BOREAL OWL peering at us from a spruce
      branch next to the trunk in the campground. The owl gave a few "skieuw!
      calls responding to playback of its spring song.

      We saw no other birds or wildlife on our very short night in the mountains.
      The star show was spectacular. Ellen pointed out numerous constellations and
      Jupiter, very bright indeed.

      Andy and Ellen Stepniewski