Common Tern, Horned Grebes at Wenas Lake

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2011
      Hi Yakkers,

      I went to Wenas Lake this morning and found one Common Tern, two Horned
      Grebes and one Pectoral Sandpiper, among the more common species. The tern
      showed the dark wing bar when resting on the mud. There were five or six
      other shorebirds about the size of the Pectoral Sandpiper but a fisherman
      flushed them before I could get my scope on them and I didn't see them
      again.

      Denny Granstrand

      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA