Yesterday at Wenas Lake

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      Hi Yakkers,

      I went to Wenas Lake yesterday afternoon to check out the shorebird
      situation. The water level is slowly going down and there is a decent
      amount of mud showing.

      There weren't many shorebirds but in the small group were two Semipalmated
      Sandpipers, one with a very short, stubby bill and the other with a longer
      bill.

      Photos of these two Semipalmated Sandpipers are in the new photos folder on
      my website.

      Here is the bird list:

      Canada Goose 74
      Mallard 30