possible Common Tern

  • Jeff Kozma
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2011
      As I was heading west on I-82 this morning, I saw a white tern flying over
      the two freeway ponds on the south side of I-82 closest to the Toppenish
      Exit 50. The bird looked smaller and slimmer than a Caspian Tern and also
      with a much more buoyant flight. I suspect this was a Common Tern, although
      Caspian would be more likely. Since I am at work now, it would be great if
      someone could check out this bird today and confirm the ID. A Common Tern
      would be a good bird for the Yakima Valley. It is so hard to ID birds at 70
      mph!

      Thanks.

      Jeff Kozma

      Yakima (Terrace Heights)