Black-backed Woodpecker

  • magwagi
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 16 9:28 AM
      This is a late post. Sorry. And I have never posted before so excuse any mistakes.

      I saw a Black-backed Woodpecker on the trail to Fife's Peak off Highway 410 on Saturday July 9. I was about 40 feet away with an unobstructed view and had my binoculars. I saw the completely black back with yellow cap/forehead. I was about 2 miles in on the trail in the heavily forested switchbacks.

      Andy McClelland abbazure@...