Rufous Hummingbird in Yard

  • kozma.jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2011

      I just saw a female or immature Rufous Hummingbird visiting a pot of Salvia 'Wendy's Wish' on my back patio. If you haven't seen this Salvia before, Google it. It has striking magenta-purple flowers with long tubular corollas that hummingbirds are liking this year. I found it at Fred Meyer and decided to give it a try. So far, we have seen a male Rufous and male Black-chinned visiting it and now this new Rufous, which like Scott said, are beginning their "fall" migration. Keep those hummer feeders full!

      Jeff Kozma

      Yakima, Terrace Heights