In Box Photo Gallery by mroper at pbase.com

  • Mike Roper
    Message 1 of 38 , May 13, 2011
      Hi Everyone,
      We recently went on a trip to Kansas City and Florida. The Florida leg was
      to attend the Florida Birding and Photofest in St Augustine. After looking
      at the brochures I noticed that most of the photo seminars went to The
      Alligator Farm so I bypassed the seminar fees and bought a photo pass to The
      Alligator Farm. Large wading birds apparently like to nest over alligators.
      The Alligators keep other predators out of the nests so the Alligator Farm
      had a huge rookery with extremely tame birds. One Tricolored Heron was so
      close walking on a railing that people actually had to back up to the other
      side of the boardwalk to get a photo. I had a very nice talk with Arthur
      Morris. He was so down to earth and had lost quite a bit of weight so I
      didn't recognize him until well into our conversation. Arthur Morris was the
      keynote speaker at the banquet and was charging $200.00 for each morning and
      afternoon session at the Alligator Farm and is probably the best known bird
      photographer in the country.

      http://www.pbase.com/mroper/inbox
    • Michael Roper
      Message 38 of 38 , May 21, 2013
        I've taken quite a few photos lately. Here's a link to the more recent ones.
        Mile Roper

        http://www.pbase.com/mroper/inbox&page=1