Yard Nesting Forest Birds

  • Scott Downes
    Message 1 of 2 , May 1 5:45 PM
      Yakkers,
      We seem to have an unexpected run on nesting forest birds in our yard/neighborhood (51st and Englewood). The neighborhood isn't coniferous in nature, though there are the scattered evergreen trees. A fledging pine siskin has been coming to the feeders with its parent-begging for more food. I don't think this bird breed in our yard, but very close given the begging behavior. A red-breasted nuthatch has setup a nest in one of our boxes that is tied to a maple. Not a species I usually think of nesting in urban setting.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA

    • steppie@nwinfo.net
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2 5:39 AM
        Wow! This is interesting news and data for sure.

        steppie @...