Great Horned Owls and Northern Shrike in the Wenas-2 April

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2011
      Yakkers,

      Eleven Yakima Auduboners met at 9 am this very blustery day at the end of
      the pavement on N. Wenas Road to inspect and clean the 132 boxes on the
      Vredenburgh Bluebird Trail. The weather kept most birds hunkered down and us
      on task. Still, we had two exciting observations. A NORTHERN SHRIKE, getting
      just a little late, was at the entrance of the Green Ranch near the end of
      the pavement. On our return down Allan Road, we stopped to view the GREAT
      HORNED OWL and her three 1/3 grown owlets in the mini-cave. This is just
      below the top-of-the-grade above US-12. Wow!

      Northern Harrier 4
      Red-tailed Hawk (Western) 6
      Great Horned Owl 4
      Northern Flicker (Red-shafted) 2