Birds at Phelps Freeborn's house

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010

      Phelps Freeborn lives on Taylor Way just east of 36th Ave. and a block
      or so south of Summitview. In the past few weeks he has had several
      Western Scrub-Jays and the first Steller's Jay he can remember in his
      yard. Yesterday he had a Mountain Chickadee in his yard.

      It appears there may be a influx of mountain birds in the valley.
      Keep your feeders full!

      Denny Granstrand
      Passing on the news

      --
      *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
      Denny Granstrand
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2010
        We've had both jays (scrub is always here in the neighborhood) this fall. I've been watching and hoping for a mountain chickadee, but so far no luck. From my jaunts around, seems to be more Steller's in lower areas this fall than I've noticed in the past. Will be interesting to see what becomes of the CBC counts.

        Scott Downes
        downess@...
        Yakima WA

        Phelps Freeborn lives on Taylor Way just east of 36th Ave. and a block
        or so south of Summitview. In the past few weeks he has had several
        Western Scrub-Jays and the first Steller's Jay he can remember in his
        yard. Yesterday he had a Mountain Chickadee in his yard.

        It appears there may be a influx of mountain birds in the valley.
        Keep your feeders full!

        Denny Granstrand
        Passing on the news

        --