Re: [BirdYak] wrens

  • Scott Downes
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 30, 2010
      Rock Wrens are at least partly migratory, especially in the more wintery parts of the Columbia basin. Some remain, especially in the lower elevation areas but most of the population does leave for the winter. In my experience, however they are somewhat late migrants, only leaving when weather conditions get wintery enough to force them out, i.e. about in October/November. Yakima is low enough that some Rock Wrens do certainly winter, but not all.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA