Other hummers in our area

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 19, 2010

      Along with the report of the Rufous Hummingbird on the YVAS phone line
      were two reports of hummers which I presumed were Anna's. Two were
      visiting feeders at a house on Yakima Ave. in Wapato and one was at a
      feeder at a house between Wapato and Toppenish. I gave the caretakers
      of the feeders tips on keeping the hummingbirds alive. The Toppenish
      Christmas Bird count in four weeks from tomorrow. I don't think there
      have ever been a hummingbird seen on the Toppenish CBC, so lets hope
      the little guys hang on.

      Denny Granstrand

      --
      *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
      Denny Granstrand
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 19, 2010
        Our immature male Anna's continues to be a regular visitor, coming first thing in the morning and couple times every hour when I check. I don't know if he'll make it all the way until January 2nd, but we'll try best we can.

        Scott Downes
        downess@...
        Yakima WA (51st and Madera Way)

        Along with the report of the Rufous Hummingbird on the YVAS phone line
        were two reports of hummers which I presumed were Anna's. Two were
        visiting feeders at a house on Yakima Ave. in Wapato and one was at a
        feeder at a house between Wapato and Toppenish. I gave the caretakers
        of the feeders tips on keeping the hummingbirds alive. The Toppenish
        Christmas Bird count in four weeks from tomorrow. I don't think there
        have ever been a hummingbird seen on the Toppenish CBC, so lets hope
        the little guys hang on.

        Denny Granstrand

        --
        Denny Granstrand