New photos on my website

    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 8, 2010

      I have put new photos from my morning at Fort Simcoe in the new photos
      folder on my website - a distant photo of the Acorn Woodpecker,
      Western Scrub-Jay and the Black Bears. The Black Bears were the
      thrill of the day!

      I hope you enjoy seeing them.

      Denny Granstrand

      *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA
      dgranstrand AT gmail.com
      www.granstrand.net/gallery/
      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 1, 2010

        I placed two photos of the Surf Scoter that was found at the Robertson
        Landing along the Yakima River and Greenway in the new photos folder
        on my website. Other new photos include two of a male Varied Thrush
        that I saw that the arboretum yesterday morning.

        Denny Granstrand

        *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
        Denny Granstrand
        Yakima, WA
        dgranstrand AT gmail.com
        www.granstrand.net/gallery/
        Message 3 of 19 , Jan 4, 2011

          I just placed some new photos in the new photos folder on my website. Of
          most interest is a Red-breasted Sapsucker that Jeff Kozma's group found in
          the Tahoma Cemetery on the Yakima CBC. I saw it yesterday morning along the
          driveway at the east side of the cemetery off Tahoma Ave. There is also a
          moderate quality photo of an American Dipper we saw on the CBC with a small
          fish it had just caught. We didn't stay around long enough to see it the
          dipper was able to swallow the fish.

          Also included are photos of the Greater White-fronted Goose, Taverner's
          Cackling Goose, and Lesser Canada Goose that I saw that the arboretum on
          Dec. 31.

          There are also gull photos from our stay in LaPush over Christmas.

          I hope you enjoy them,

          Denny Granstrand

          --
          * * * * * * * * * * * *
          Denny Granstrand

          www.granstrand.net/gallery/

          Message 4 of 19 , Jun 20, 2011

            I put some new photos from the past two weekends on Bethel Ridge. Included
            are Williamson's Sapsucker, White-headed Woodpecker, a Brown Creeper nest
            that was tucked in a loose piece of bark on a dead tree, and a Chukar that
            was in a yard near 69th Ave. and Mead Ave. in West Valley (undoubtedly
            raised by someone in the neighborhood and released).

            Denny Granstrand

            * * * * * * * * * * * *
            Denny Granstrand
            Yakima, WA
            dgranstrand AT gmail.com

            www.granstrand.net/gallery/

            Message 5 of 19 , Jun 3, 2013

              I have placed some new photos in the new photos folder on my website
              including my best photos yet of Western Tanager and Yellow-breasted Chat.

              There is a photo of a butterfly I saw Saturday on the Oak Creek Road at
              about 5000 feet elevation that I can't identify. I looked in "Butterflies
              Through Binoculars" and Butterflies of Cascadia" and couldn't find it. If
              you know what type of butterfly it is, please let me know.

              http://www.granstrand.net/gallery/newphotos

              Denny Granstrand

              --
              * * * * * * * * * * * *
              Denny Granstrand

              www.granstrand.net/gallery/

              Message 6 of 19 , Jun 17, 2013

                Saturday afternoon Chris and I went up Bethel Ridge and wandered around the
                burn that is accessed along the microwave road. We were hoping for lots of
                woodpeckers but only found one Black-backed Woodpecker. There were 14
                Clark's Nutcrackers, though, which were nice to see.

                We ate dinner along a forest road going west from the Bethel Ridge Road
                about two miles from Hwy 12. After we ate, I walked back to the Bethel
                Ridge Road and tooted for Northern Pygmy-Owl. I attracted many passerines
                and finally a pygmy-owl tooted back. I walked back to where Chris was
                sitting beside our fire and the tooted occasionally. The pygmy-owl followed
                me and eventually flew to the very top of a tall snag right in front of
                us. It stayed for about 15 minutes. It has been many years since I last saw
                a pygmy-owl and it was quite a thrill.

                I places some new photos in the new photos folder on my website. I hope you
                enjoy them. They include my best yet of Williamson's Sapsuckers, both male
                and female.

                There are also new photos from a trip up the Ahtanum to thte "woodpecker
                aspen grove" which include one of a Pileated Woodpecker.

                Denny Granstrand

                * * * * * * * * * * * *
                Denny Granstrand
                Yakima, WA
                dgranstrand AT gmail.com

                www.granstrand.net/gallery/

                Message 7 of 19 , Sep 9, 2013

                  I have placed photos from the past two weekends in the new photos folder on my website.

                  Memorial Weekend I birded Gray's Harbor County with the highlight being a Lesser Sand-Plover (formally Mongolian Plover) and Elegant Terns.

                  Other photos include shorebirds from Wenas Lake and  juvenile Pine Grosbeak seen on the YVAS field trip to Sheep Lake yesterday.

                  Denny Granstrand

                  *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
                  Denny Granstrand
                  Yakima, WA
                  dgranstrand AT gmail.com
                  www.granstrand.net/gallery/
                  Message 8 of 19 , Sep 21, 2013

                    I have placed new photos on my website that include Stilt Sandpipers at Linc Coulee and birds in our backyard. Yesterday afternoon I was standing in the shade of our cedar tree trying to get photos of birds in the water feature when an immature Cooper's Hawk swooped in and landed on the pergola right in front of me. Pretty cool!

                    I found a dead House Sparrow with a large tumor on its wing. There is a photo of it but I will warn you that it is pretty gross.

                    The photos can be seen at:

                    I hope you enjoy them.

                    Denny Granstrand

                    *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
                    Denny Granstrand
                    Yakima, WA
                    dgranstrand AT gmail.com
                    www.granstrand.net/gallery/
                    Message 9 of 19 , May 21, 2014

                      I loaded some new photos in the new photos folder on my website, including ones of the Red-necked Phalarope and Semipalmated Plover at the Costco pond yesterday:

                      I hope you enjoy seeing them

                      Denny Granstrand

                      --
                      *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
                      Denny Granstrand
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 20, 2014

                        I finally got the photos from our field trip to Grays Harbor County the first weekend of October on my website:

                        I hope you enjoy them,

                        Denny Granstrand

                        Denny Granstrand
                        Yakima, WA