Shorebirding at Costco

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2010
      Hi Yakkers,

      I got gas at Costco yesterday and noticed the settling pond has almost no
      water in it. There are puddles in the northwest corner. There were ten
      Killdeer, plus a few Brewer's Blackbirds and starlings on the mud beside the
      puddles. It shouldn't be long before Least and Western Sandpipers will show
      up there.

      Denny Granstrand

      Denny Granstrand
      Yakima, WA
      dgranstrand AT gmail.com

      www.granstrand.net/gallery/

    • JOHN HEBERT
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 29, 2010
        Well it didn't take long.
        There were 35 Killdeer and 3 Least Sandpipers at Costco in Yakima today (7/29) at 4 PM.

        John Hebert