Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2010

      I was just minding my own business last evening pulling weeds in the garden
      when four Chukars ran past me at the south side of our lawn! They flew onto
      our back fence, dropped down into the neighbor's yard, and continued their
      walk east. In all likelihood they were raised by someone in the
      neighborhood and released, though we are less than two miles from Ahtanum
      Ridge, so they may have just wandered out of their territory.

      I forgot to mention earlier that a female Anna's Hummingbird was waiting for
      us when we got home from Arizona on the afternoon of June 24. I don't think
      I have heard reports of a female Anna's being in the valley during the
      summer. Maybe they are breeding here already.

      Denny Granstrand
      Southwest of the Yakima Airport

      --
      Denny Granstrand