Yard Water Feature Draws Unexpected New Yard Bird

  • Scott Downes
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2010
      Earlier this spring we put in a small waterfall creek into our new front yard and had been seeing some nice returns with recent visits of white-crowned sparrow, spotted towhee, Cassin's finch, American robin and yellow-rumped warbler using in on most days this month. On Thursday afternoon I looked out in the front yard just after getting off work and there was a DUSKY FLYCATCHER perched in the dogwood tree above the water feature. This is a fairly unusual bird for residential areas and while not seen directly in the creek, I'm sure it was drawn to the sound of the creek.

      Scott Downes
      downess@...
      Yakima WA