Cinnamon Teal, Rough-winged Swallow, Lat C

  • kozma.jeff
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2010
      I drove along Lateral C this morning and where Toppenish Creek flows under it, I spotted two first of the year Cinnamon Teal (both drakes) as well as a single Rough-winged Swallow foraging over the flooded area with numerous Tree Swallows and Violet-green Swallows. Sure was weird seeing swallows in the snow! Also saw a drake Bufflehead here and two Wilson's Snipe. The most abundant duck was Northern Pintail.

      Jeff Kozma

      Yakima (Terrace Heights)