Toppenish NWR and Lateral C area

  • Luke Safford
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 22, 2010
      Hey,

      I birded the refuge, Pumphouse, and Lateral C this morning for a few hours
      and found the Greater Yellowlegs that John posted he saw on Saturday. There
      were 6 off of Lateral C along with many Wilson's Snipe doing their flight
      displays. Also saw 3 types of swallows at this location, Tree, Violet-green
      and 1 Cliff Swallow. At the refuge I found 3 Redheads among a hundred or so
      Ring-necks. Also saw 6 Tundra Swans and a flock of 18 Dunlin. It was a
      pretty good morning, I wish I had more than 3 hours!

      Luke Safford