cowiche great horned owl and robins

  • tulimgr
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 11, 2009
      This morning on the way to work at the cowiche wastewater plant, I passed a great horned owl sitting along side summitview on the flats before cowiche. I turned around and drove back, parked my car, then walked up to within 4 feet of him, and took a photo. Another car pulled up and spooked him a bit. He simply jumped up about three feet and flew into the orchard. It was full daylight, and he may have been struck by a car, but looked ok as glided off through the orchard.

      At the cowiche wastewater plant, hundreds of robins have been gathering on our power lines, bushes, and trees at about 3:30 in the afternoon. By about 4, they start flying off towards Tieton. Very cool.

      joe from tampico