Parker Heights Gray Catbird-25 August

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 25, 2009
      Yakkers,

      I spent 15 minutes or so in our yard birding over the lunch hour. A bit of
      spishing brought in at least two Warbling Vireos, and several Orange-crowned
      and one Nashville Warbler to the oak tree right over my head. In the dense
      shrubbery (where the Black-throated Blue Warbler spent a few days several
      Octobers ago), a Gray Catbird mewed and a House Wren scolded me. In the
      chokecherry thickets, a bazillion berries have created a buffet for Cedar
      Waxwings, Black-headed Grosbeaks, a rather late Bullock's Oriole, and House
      Finches. Off in the distance California Quail "Chi-CA-Go"ed while Rufous and
      Black-chinned Hummers darted about the feeders. I thought it was pretty cool
      lunchtime birding!