Band-tailed pigeon

  • Kathleen Ross-Charter
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2009
      Last Friday, when one of my housemates shouted that she was going to chase away the "large bird eating our birds' food" on the tray under our tube feeder right outside the kitchen window, I expected to see a crow or rock pigeon. I was astounded to see a Band-tailed Pigeon sitting on the tray and picking at the seeds and hulls. The same bird had apparently appeared earlier last week but I had not seen it. The location of the feeder is not in an open space, but within 6 inches of the kitchen window and only about 5 feet from the neighbor's large RV parked in the driveway between our two houses. Not exactly not exactly the expected terrain it is supposed to be in!!
      Kathleen Ross on E street in Toppenish