Cooper's Hawk attempting to swt up territory in Parker Heights?

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 15 7:33 AM
      Yakkers,

      For the past week a Cooper's Hawk has been lurking around and within the
      densest conifers in our yard in Parker Heights just 100 feet from our dining
      room window. The bird is silent in the morning but calls frequently at
      midday, a hoarse "keh-keh-keh." We have not seen two birds at one time so am
      wondering if this is a "teenage" bird attempting to attract a mate? Or, what
      other explanation can be offered to explain this behavior?

    • Mike Roper
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 15 1:34 PM
        Hi Andy,

        It's about a month early for it to be really serious. Coopers nest late. The
        young are small downies at our falconry picnic the 3rd weekend in July. If
        it's still around in a month they may nest.

        Mike Roper

        _____

        steppie@nwinfo. <mailto:steppie%40nwinfo.net> net