Meeting place for Yakima CBC changed

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 17, 2008

      The Yakima Valley Christmas Bird Count is this Saturday. Because the
      early morning temperature is supposed to be frigid, we will be
      meeting at 7:00 a.m. at the IHOP on Valley Mall Blvd. for breakfast,
      instead of at Sportman State Park. If you park on the west side of
      IHOP in the lot where we park for YVAS field trips, those riding with
      other people can leave their car there.

      The weather Saturday, especially in the morning, will be cold. The
      high will be 17 degrees, which is what it was much of the day of the
      Toppenish CBC last Saturday, but there isn't supposed to be any
      wind. The sun will out much of the day, which will warm our spirits.

      If you are interested in helping out with the count, please e-mail me.

      Be sure to bring lots of warm clothes, food, beverages, binoculars,
      spotting scope if you have one, and more warm clothes.

      We are looking forward to a wonderful day of birding!

      Denny Granstrand
      Compiler
      Yakima Valley CBC

      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * dgranstrand@... *
      * Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
      http://granstrand.net/gallery/