New photos on my website

    Message 1 of 19 , Dec 1, 2008

      I got a new camera a week ago or so and have been testing it. I just
      added a group of photos to the new photos folder on my website.

      The Terrace Heights Cemetery is a great place to take photos, though
      the species diversity is low. There have been flocks of Canada Geese
      there in the last week that usually have a Lesser Canada Goose or a
      Taverner's Cackling Goose in the group. Plenty of Wood Ducks and
      Mallards, of course.

      If anyone is interested in getting into bird photography, or is just
      looking for a high-zoom digital camera, I have a Panasonic DMC-FZ20 for sale.

      Denny Granstrand
      Southwest of the Yakima Airport
      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * dgranstrand@... *
      * Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
      http://granstrand.net/gallery/
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 29, 2009

        I have placed lots of new photos on my website:
        * The Great Horned Owl with its owlets in Sportman State Park.
        * The Eurasian Wigeon, Yellow-rumped Warbler and Brewer's
        Blackbird at Randle Park.
        * Many photos of our trip to Texas the end of March and first of
        April. Most of them are from Rockport and Port Aransas on the coast.
        As I stated the process, I was surprised to see all of the photos
        that had been in the new photos folder on my website were
        missing. The folder was empty. One of the mysteries of the
        Internet. Where did those birds fly off to?

        The male Eurasian Wigeon at Randle Park is interesting. Last year at
        this same time a different male Eurasian Wigeon spent a week at
        Randle Park. You can compare the photos. The one from last year is
        in the "Rare and Hard to Find Birds of Washington" folder on my website.

        Denny Granstrand
        Southwest of the Yakima airport and beyond

        Message 3 of 19 , Sep 20, 2009

          I have add photos taken in the last week or so to the new photos
          folder on my website. Included are photos from Wenas Lake and Fort Simcoe.

          I hope you enjoy them.

          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 26, 2009

            I have photos from Saturday's trek through the burn on Bethel Ridge
            in the new photos folder on my website. Included are: Hairy
            Woodpecker, White-headed Woodpecker, American Three-toed Woodpecker
            and Black-backed Woodpecker.

            Before you get to the woodpecker photos, you will have to wade
            through the photos from my twitch to Hoquiam yesterday. Included in
            those are: Clay-colored Sparrow, Chestnut-collared Longspur and
            Orchard Oriole.

            I hope you enjoy the photos.

            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 8, 2010

              I have put new photos from my morning at Fort Simcoe in the new photos
              folder on my website - a distant photo of the Acorn Woodpecker,
              Western Scrub-Jay and the Black Bears. The Black Bears were the
              thrill of the day!

              I hope you enjoy seeing them.

              Denny Granstrand

              *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
              Denny Granstrand
              Yakima, WA
              dgranstrand AT gmail.com
              www.granstrand.net/gallery/
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 1, 2010

                I placed two photos of the Surf Scoter that was found at the Robertson
                Landing along the Yakima River and Greenway in the new photos folder
                on my website. Other new photos include two of a male Varied Thrush
                that I saw that the arboretum yesterday morning.

                Denny Granstrand

                *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
                Denny Granstrand
                Yakima, WA
                dgranstrand AT gmail.com
                www.granstrand.net/gallery/
                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 4, 2011

                  I just placed some new photos in the new photos folder on my website. Of
                  most interest is a Red-breasted Sapsucker that Jeff Kozma's group found in
                  the Tahoma Cemetery on the Yakima CBC. I saw it yesterday morning along the
                  driveway at the east side of the cemetery off Tahoma Ave. There is also a
                  moderate quality photo of an American Dipper we saw on the CBC with a small
                  fish it had just caught. We didn't stay around long enough to see it the
                  dipper was able to swallow the fish.

                  Also included are photos of the Greater White-fronted Goose, Taverner's
                  Cackling Goose, and Lesser Canada Goose that I saw that the arboretum on
                  Dec. 31.

                  There are also gull photos from our stay in LaPush over Christmas.

                  I hope you enjoy them,

                  Denny Granstrand

                  --
                  * * * * * * * * * * * *
                  Denny Granstrand

                  www.granstrand.net/gallery/

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jun 20, 2011

                    I put some new photos from the past two weekends on Bethel Ridge. Included
                    are Williamson's Sapsucker, White-headed Woodpecker, a Brown Creeper nest
                    that was tucked in a loose piece of bark on a dead tree, and a Chukar that
                    was in a yard near 69th Ave. and Mead Ave. in West Valley (undoubtedly
                    raised by someone in the neighborhood and released).

                    Denny Granstrand

                    * * * * * * * * * * * *
                    Denny Granstrand
                    Yakima, WA
                    dgranstrand AT gmail.com

                    www.granstrand.net/gallery/

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jun 3, 2013

                      I have placed some new photos in the new photos folder on my website
                      including my best photos yet of Western Tanager and Yellow-breasted Chat.

                      There is a photo of a butterfly I saw Saturday on the Oak Creek Road at
                      about 5000 feet elevation that I can't identify. I looked in "Butterflies
                      Through Binoculars" and Butterflies of Cascadia" and couldn't find it. If
                      you know what type of butterfly it is, please let me know.

                      http://www.granstrand.net/gallery/newphotos

                      Denny Granstrand

                      --
                      * * * * * * * * * * * *
                      Denny Granstrand

                      www.granstrand.net/gallery/

                      Message 10 of 19 , Jun 17, 2013

                        Saturday afternoon Chris and I went up Bethel Ridge and wandered around the
                        burn that is accessed along the microwave road. We were hoping for lots of
                        woodpeckers but only found one Black-backed Woodpecker. There were 14
                        Clark's Nutcrackers, though, which were nice to see.

                        We ate dinner along a forest road going west from the Bethel Ridge Road
                        about two miles from Hwy 12. After we ate, I walked back to the Bethel
                        Ridge Road and tooted for Northern Pygmy-Owl. I attracted many passerines
                        and finally a pygmy-owl tooted back. I walked back to where Chris was
                        sitting beside our fire and the tooted occasionally. The pygmy-owl followed
                        me and eventually flew to the very top of a tall snag right in front of
                        us. It stayed for about 15 minutes. It has been many years since I last saw
                        a pygmy-owl and it was quite a thrill.

                        I places some new photos in the new photos folder on my website. I hope you
                        enjoy them. They include my best yet of Williamson's Sapsuckers, both male
                        and female.

                        There are also new photos from a trip up the Ahtanum to thte "woodpecker
                        aspen grove" which include one of a Pileated Woodpecker.

                        Denny Granstrand

                        * * * * * * * * * * * *
                        Denny Granstrand
                        Yakima, WA
                        dgranstrand AT gmail.com

                        www.granstrand.net/gallery/

                        Message 11 of 19 , Sep 9, 2013

                          I have placed photos from the past two weekends in the new photos folder on my website.

                          Memorial Weekend I birded Gray's Harbor County with the highlight being a Lesser Sand-Plover (formally Mongolian Plover) and Elegant Terns.

                          Other photos include shorebirds from Wenas Lake and  juvenile Pine Grosbeak seen on the YVAS field trip to Sheep Lake yesterday.

                          Denny Granstrand

                          *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
                          Denny Granstrand
                          Yakima, WA
                          dgranstrand AT gmail.com
                          www.granstrand.net/gallery/
                          Message 12 of 19 , Sep 21, 2013

                            I have placed new photos on my website that include Stilt Sandpipers at Linc Coulee and birds in our backyard. Yesterday afternoon I was standing in the shade of our cedar tree trying to get photos of birds in the water feature when an immature Cooper's Hawk swooped in and landed on the pergola right in front of me. Pretty cool!

                            I found a dead House Sparrow with a large tumor on its wing. There is a photo of it but I will warn you that it is pretty gross.

                            The photos can be seen at:

                            I hope you enjoy them.

                            Denny Granstrand

                            *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
                            Denny Granstrand
                            Yakima, WA
                            dgranstrand AT gmail.com
                            www.granstrand.net/gallery/
                            Message 13 of 19 , May 21, 2014

                              I loaded some new photos in the new photos folder on my website, including ones of the Red-necked Phalarope and Semipalmated Plover at the Costco pond yesterday:

                              I hope you enjoy seeing them

                              Denny Granstrand

                              --
                              *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *     *
                              Denny Granstrand
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 20, 2014

                                I finally got the photos from our field trip to Grays Harbor County the first weekend of October on my website:

                                I hope you enjoy them,

                                Denny Granstrand

                                Denny Granstrand
                                Yakima, WA