Father saw a flying single line of geese

  • elizabethbohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2008
      Need help in ID of geese. There were approx. 20 geese (all white)
      flying in a single line about 100 ft. above the roofline, heading
      north across Fruitvale Blvd in Yakima. This was yesterday at dusk.
      They made no noise and were about one quarter larger than Canadian
      geese. From the books I though they might be Snow Geese, but there
      were no black wingtips from underneath. Necks were not as long as swans.

      Also, a new bird book we bought said that the Williamson sapsucker was
      the only woodpecker to go down tree trucks. I saw what I thought were
      these birds at Fort Simcoe two years ago (winter) but since they were
      moving up and DOWN the trunks, I thought they could not be the sapsucker.

      Any ideas?