Birds along Marion Drain Road

  • elizabethbohn
    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2008
      This morning, my father and I drove along Marion Drain. Our species
      list is about average, but we may have found some species that others
      my be interested in.

      Mourning Doves
      Red-wing Blackbirds
      Black-Back Grosbeaks (quite a few)
      Killdeer (one was playing dead in front of the car)
      Cowbirds
      Robins
      American Kestrels
      California Quail (one standing on a small fence post. Uncomfortable.)
      Rough-winged Swallows
      WILSON SNIPES (have a picture but not the best pic, I think.)
      Western Meadowlarks
      Kingbirds
      Black-capped chickadee
      Mallards
      Long-bill curlews
      Great Blue Herons
      Northern Harrier
      Raven (VERY BIG)
      Double-crested Cormorant
      Black-billed Magpies
      Pigeons
      Bewick's Wren
      Unknown hawks (Both were difficult to id)
      Barn swallows
      Belted Kingfisher
      Pied-Billed Grebe
      Brewer's Blackbird
      BLACK-CHINNED SPARROW

      Elizabeth Bohn
      Yakima, WA
    • elizabethbohn
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2008
        I think I went over board with the my false BLACK-CHINNED SPARROW
        signting.

        My other birds were actual. I see that I made a typo. Black-headed
        Grosbeak; not black-backed.