Reminder - 2001 Christmas Bird Count

  • BirdYak@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 1, 2001

      2001 Christmas Bird Count

      Date: Saturday, December 15, 2001
      Time: All Day

      Wanted! Birders of all skill levels to participate in the 2001
      Yakima and/or Toppenish annual Christmas Bird Counts.
      Leaders and participants are needed.

      December 15th for Yakima meeting 7 am at the fireplace in
      Sportsman State
      Park. Contact Dernny Granstrand at 453-2500 or osprey@...

      December 16th for Toppenish. Meet 7 am at Branding Iron
      estaurant in
      Toppenish. Contact Andy Stepniewski at 877-6639 or
      steppie@....

      You can participate by joining a field team to canvas a
      particular area of Yakima or the Toppenish area.
    • BirdYak@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 8, 2001

        2001 Christmas Bird Count

        Date: Saturday, December 15, 2001
        Time: All Day

        Wanted! Birders of all skill levels to participate in the 2001
        Yakima and/or Toppenish annual Christmas Bird Counts.

        Leaders and participants are needed!

        December 15th for Yakima meeting 7 am at the fireplace in
        Sportsman State Park. Contact Denny Granstrand at 453-2500 or
        osprey@...

        December 16th for Toppenish. Meet 7 am at Branding Iron
        restaurant in Toppenish. Contact Andy Stepniewski at 877-6639 or
        steppie@....

        You can participate by joining a field team to canvas a
        particular area of Yakima or the Toppenish area.
      • Sue Ericksen
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 9, 2001
          This morning we went looking for Richard's Prairie falcon and found him
          plus two more. Got a great look at him. At the Toppenish NWR we saw a snow
          goose flying with a flock, or is it a gaggle?, of Canada Geese. They landed
          on the pond by the observation center.

          There was a plentitude of geese, ducks, magpies. Our trip around the NWR by
          way of Pumphouse Rd, Marion Drain and MacDonald netted us 5 Great Blue
          Herons, 4 N. Harriers, 10 Am Kestrels & 1 Red tail.

          Bill & Sue
        • BirdYak@yahoogroups.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 12, 2001

            2001 Christmas Bird Count

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 18, 2009
              I saw a Snow goose, trailing in a 'v' formation of 8 Canada Geese. They were flying NE over the intersection of Summitview and 40th Avenue, 11:20 am, 11-18-09. Also saw a Golden Eagle at the intersection of Naches and Tieton rivers.
            • magicman32@rocketmail.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 22, 2014
                Hey all, There is currently a Snow Goose mixed in with a flock of Canada Geese below my house. A first of fall!Eric