Re: [BirdYak] Birds in the Backyard and Beyond

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 14 9:01 PM

      I received the following message 45 minutes ago. As it is addressed to
      Yakkers, I believe Andy (THE Grand Wizard of Yakima Birding) meant
      to send it through BirdYak. Andy is leading a Saturday through Monday
      field trip to the west side of the state...he is leaving this count in our
      hands... so wrap those hands around your bins and bird!

      Rich,
      YVAS GBBCCCBD

      Yakkers,

      We're working Friday but Ellen and I will do some owling here in the
      orchard pre-dawn. Later in the morning I'll canvas the yard and conifers
      then the Union Gap Canal ditch bank here in Parker Heights. We had a
      Anna's Hummingbird, Hermit Thrush, and Pine Siskins this morning and
      a Western Screech-Owl Wednesday night. If I get super ambitious I might
      hike the "Little Snake Trail" to the crest of Rattlesnake Ridge for Horned
      Larks (I know, slightly beyond the yard but reached by walking from home).

      Everybody, let's go for the big time and really put Yakima on the GBBC
      map!

      Awards. Go to AOL Music.