Unknown bird

  • David H Walker
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 2, 2008
      From: walkerdh2@...: birdyak@yahoogroups.comDate: Sat, 2 Feb 2008 14:10:47 -0700

      I had a small Hawk(?) in a yard walnut tree. I had a back view only. Grey cape extending onto the neck. Back had irregular white spots. Tail was long with horizontal alternating black and brown stripes. I think two of each. It was bigger than a Kestral and bigger than a Northern Flicker.I cannot find it in any book I have. Any help is much appreciated. Our Prosser resident Eagle is still here and still seems to be ignoring the American Widgeon in the park. There were 57 California Quail in the yard this morning. Dave Walker in Prosser @ Crawford Park

      Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging. You IM, we give. Learn more.