Bird Yak

  • Deb Davis & Ken Bevis
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 20, 2001
      November 20, 2001
      Near 32nd & Summitview

      There's been an influx of pine siskins to the bird feeder in the last few
      days. Also at least two varied thrushes hanging around. I hear them every
      morning as it gets light. I'm trying to figure out what the flickers are
      up to and how many there are. I see them in the filbert grove and hear
      them walking around on the roof when I'm working in the studio. Any
      thoughts on flicker behavior? Do they stay in family groups through the
      winter? Do pairs remain territorial?

      Deb

      ----------
      > From: Kerry Turley <kdturley@...>
      > To: Birdyak <birdyak@yahoogroups.com>
      > Subject: [BirdYak] Yakima County birds
      > Date: Sunday, November 18, 2001 10:28 PM
      >
      > November 18, 2001
      > Location: Toppenish National Wildlife Refuge, Yakima County, Washington
      and
      > Yakima Aboretum (including the sparrow patch) and Greenway at Buchanan
      Lk.

      > A few exciting birds today including a calling TRUMPETER SWAN at the
      Refuge,
      > a very late SAY'S PHOEBE along Marion Drain and a raft of waterfowl on
      > Buchanan Lk. that included 12 BUFFLEHEAD, 10 COMMON GOLDENEYE, and 3
      HORNED

    • larphyl@netzero.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2011
        Richard and Denny:
        Thank you so much for signing me up for Bird Yak. I'm really enjoying the reports from everyone.
        Since I'm rather limited in how far I can travel to bird watch, I can learn so much from the observations of all of you experienced birders.
        Thanks again,
        Larry Martin