Randle Park

  • JOHN HEBERT
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2007
      No luck with the Red-breasted Sapsucker, but as I approached the trees where the Sapsucker had been spotted I heard a woodpecker call. It was not the call of the Downy Woodpecker which would be expected at Randle Park, but that of a HAIRY WOODPECKER. This bird is normally seen at much higher elevation. At one point the Hairy and a Downy could be seen on the same branch, to the consternation of the Downy - its "house" was on that branch.

      Good birding,

      John Hebert