Friday morning at Buchanan...Nope and Nope

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 16, 2007
      Chirp,

      Excellent viewing conditions on Buchanan Lake this morning between 7:20
      and 9:00. Over 200 Canada Geese but no scoter growing barnacles.

      Thirty minutes after the sun rose above the clouds, all the geese either
      lifted off or moved to the east side to doze near or on the shoreline. Must
      be the sweet lullaby of the I-82 traffic whistling by above.

      Goose of the day was a Canada with normal head and throat pattern but
      an all grayish-white body. There were a couple/few small geese I would
      call Cackling Geese. The other lone oddity was a drake Common Merganser
      almost in full breeding plumage that was towing a small branch that must
      have been entangled in his dorsal feathers.

      I did see the White-throated Sparrow at the Arboretum Sparrow Patch that
      Denny reported yesterday afternoon. A much duller coloration than the one
      at the Poppoff area patch.

      Befuddled Birder by 3700 Bonnie Boone