Western Scrub Jay - New Yard Bird on 18th Avenue

  • Lori Isley
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 3, 2007
      About 9:00 am this morning (Labor Day - 9-03-07), I was outside
      enjoying our backyard on South 18th Avenue in Yakima, halfway between
      MacLaren and Arlington, when I heard the harsh "scree" call, rising
      upscale, of a Western Scrub Jay. I looked up in time to see this new
      'yard bird' for the Isleys land in a nearby Douglas Fir tree, joining
      another bird, probably its mate. The two Western Scrub Jays sat up atop
      the fir tree and called their signature call for a couple of minutes,
      then flew off to the east towards 17th Avenue and the Larson Park area.
      What a nice addition to our yard list!

      Stan Isley
      18th Avenue, Yakima