Re: [BirdYak] Blue Jays in "Yakima county

  • Deb Davis & Ken Bevis
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 31, 2001
      Yakkers:
      Not about birds, but two interesting mammal sightings of (I think) note:
      - A fox squirrel road kill near Sunnyside (freeway ramp). It was big, with
      a red tail, and was definitely NOT a gray digger. I knew fox squirrels
      growing up in Virginia, and they are all over the UWA campus. Has anyone
      else seen these in E. WA?
      - a squarshed opossum west of Easton, and before the Swamp Lake turn on
      I-90.
      Both east coast critters introduced to the NW, and apparently spreading.
      - ruffed grouse on Iron Horse state park near Easton.
      - 4 inches of snow up high.