Adult Bald Eagle along Yakima River

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2007

      As I was driving south (or east, whichever you prefer) on I-82
      Tuesday I saw an adult Bald Eagle perched in a tree overhanging the
      Yakima River a mile or so south of Exit 40. It is pretty unusual to
      see an adult Bald Eagle in the Yakima area this time of
      year. Several years ago there was a successful Bald Eagle nest at
      the Satus WRA. Maybe the one I saw is nesting nearby.

      In my drives through the lower valley this week I have seen quite a
      few American White Pelicans soaring over the river. All of the
      Osprey nests from Yakima to Granger have Ospreys tending their nests.

      Denny
      Southwest of the Yakima Airport

      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * dgranstrand@... *
      * Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
      http://granstrand.net/gallery/