Black-throated Sparrow south of Vantage; photos

    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2006

      Andy Stepniewski and I went to Wanapum State Park this afternoon trying to
      find a Baltimore Oriole that was found there Sunday. We dipped on it. We
      did get nice looks at a Forster's Tern working along the edge of the
      Columbia River.

      After searching the park for over an hour, we drove south on Huntzinger
      Road and found a Black-throated Sparrow about a mile south of the park. It
      sang repeatedly as we watched for about 20 minutes. Photos of it are in
      the new photos folder on my website. Also in that area were several Sage
      Sparrows and Lark Sparrows.

      A little farther down Huntzinger Road, we saw a Chukar very close to the road.

      On June 20, 1987, Andy and I left Yakima at 4:00 a.m., going to nearly the
      same spot on Huntzinger Road searching for a Black-throated Sparrow. One
      had been found there the previous day. We saw the sparrow and made it back
      to Yakima in time to be to work at 8:00 a.m.

      Denny

      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * dgranstrand@... *
      * Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
      http://granstrand.net/gallery/