Vaux's Swifts

  • Jeff Kozma
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2006
      Saw my first Vaux's Swifts of the season yesterday flying over Wenas
      Creek. Also saw 4 Mountain Bluebirds near the campground.

      There was also a flock of about 40-50 Buffleheads in the middle of Wenas
      Lake yesterday afternoon. Many females and about 5-6 males...from what
      I could see with Binos.

      Jeff Kozma
      Yakima

    • Eric Heisey
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2013
        Hey all,
        Driving up to baseball practice, I noticed about 50 Vaux's Swifts frlying over the bridge near one of the greenway lakes, right near the exit to 16th st. It may have been Myron Lake, I don't know which one that is. Anyways, this is a pretty good bird, a personal year bird and a lifer for my lower valley patch list (putting it at 187 species!!!).

        Thanks, Eric