News from Tweeters

  • Elizabeth Bohn
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2006
      Hi Yakkers,

      I understand that there are a couple of members who are already
      registered on the Tweeters list, but for others I shall post.

      I just opened a message (received Thursday, but read it today) that
      talks about a pair of California Condors preparing a nesting site.

      If you all are like me, this is terrific. The California Condor may
      come back from the brink of extinction (I think I am too excited as I
      type this message).

      The address is: http://www.enn.com/today.html?id=10167

      Oh, and Bill D. Believe it or not, I know the scientific
      name/binomial of the California condor. The spelling may be off a
      bit, but I'll try.

      Gymnogyps californianus

      Now, let me see how it is correctly spelled.

      Correct spelling: Gymnogyps californianus

      Wow! This just shows that memory pays off.

      Later,

      Elizabeth Bohn