GBBC Robin Flash - a second effort

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 4:25 PM
      Wow,

      That last effort did not cut and paste very well at all. A second try for
      those who enjoy punishing yourselves.

      Cheerup, cheerio, cheerup,

      I was reviewing data on the national GBBC website and noticed that Mentor,
      Ohio has revised their American Robin total from 163,189 down to 510.

      The nation's highest reported Robin totals now read as follows:

      1. Yakima, Washington 45,285
      2. Moxee, Washington 15, 725
      3. Saint Petersburg, Florida 13, 720
      4. Piney Point, Maryland 6,212
      5. Cowiche, Washington 5,800
      6. Walla Walla, Washington 5,397
      7. Santa Fe, New Mexico 4,491
      8. Clayton, New Jersey 3,928
      9. Charlotte, North Carolina 3,644
      10. Franklin, North Carolina 2,003
      11. Naches, Washington 1,971
      12. Spokane, Washington 1,385

      Washington State now occupies six of the top 12 slots reporting Robins this
      GBBC. Four of those locations are in YVAS's area. I feel a rhyme coming on.

      On Scenic Bluff, braving the cold winds of the winter
      Were the dedicated duo of Jan and Judy Gano
      Watching waves of Robins instead of enjoying dinner
      Their goal to discover the secret roost above Robin guano

      To the east, on the slopes of Konnowac Pass above Moxee
      Counting all the Robins between the first and the last
      Debie Brown censused the contents of the flowing red sea
      Making sure not a single Robin was able to sneak past

      To the west, overlooking the orchards of Tieton and Cowiche
      Sunset forcing Robins to abandon their feast on fallen fruit
      I have no choice but to confess that observer was just me
      With massive flocks overhead, I swear I heard one toot

      After work Monday, Vera Backstrom headed home to Naches
      Stopped to refuel her car, low flying Robins were another matter
      Hundreds in just a few seconds, now she too truly believes
      But we wonder, did her windshield survive without a splatter

      Florida, Maryland, New Jersey, North Carolina and New Mexico
      All fine states, but when it comes to counting American Robins
      Boast of your population, your weather or your local birding hero
      Cuz as the GBBC count shows, y'all can't carry Washington's bins

      In closing, the fat Robin sings cheerup, cheerio
      A final tip of the hat, to Judy and Jan Gano

      Robin # 2