Yakima County Year List?

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2005

      Yesterday, after indulging in at least one too many holiday sweet treats, I
      found myself pedaling away on my exercise bike. The boom box was cranked up
      with the Eurythmics Greatest Hits CD blasting away. With the "Missionary
      Man" track playing, my little legs churned ever faster and the lyrics seemed to
      blur. And this is what my ears heard.

      Well I was born to be a county lister,
      I was born to list the county I'm in.
      And if I had a dollar bill
      For all the birds I've chased
      There'd be a mountain of money
      Piled up to my chin…
      Listin’ grabbed me good
      Listin’ took a hold of me strong.
      John James said, “be true to birdin’
      And you can't go wrong.”
      “But there's just one thing
      That you must understand.”
      “You can fool with your browser –
      But don't mess with a county listin’ man.”
      Don't mess with a county listin’ man.
      Don't mess with a county listin’ man.
      Well the county listin’ man
      He's got Kaufman by his side.
      He's got Sibley and words of Roger Tory
      Gonna take him to his eternal glory.
      Red-eyed looks into field guide books.
      He's a man with a mission
      Got a delirious mind, just one worry.
      There's a sparrow in a bramble
      Accipiter eyein’ a finch in a tree.
      County listin’ man, he needs all three.
      Listin’ demands “stop what you're doing.”
      “Get out your bins and see what you can see.”
      “There's ticks in this county you better believe.”
      believe, believe, believe, believe, believe, believe
      believe, believe, believe, believe, believe, believe
      Aw, don't mess with a county listin’ man.
      No, don't mess with a county listin’ man!
      (repeat chorus until year ends)
      Add in some Dave Stewart guitar, some blues harp, a ton of Annie Lennox
      soul,
      and you too will be ready to challenge John's Yakima County record of 256
      ticks.

      Any takers?