stellar jay

  • alice creighton
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2005
      Unusual? Yesterday I saw a stellar jay flying across Lincoln Ave to an
      evergreen on Naches Ave. I thought these birds were in the foothills and
      up!! I don't believe I have heard of one in the city proper before. New one
      for me! Alice Nevue
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2005
        Alice,

        It seems usual for the jay clan to wander in the fall especially if food is
        short where they breed. Magpies do it, even to timberline in the Cascades.
        Blue Jays do it big time, so do Steller's Jays.

        Andy