Sparrow patch is in operation

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2005

      Encouraged by Andy's sighting of a White-throated Sparrow several days ago,
      I bought two bags of wild bird seed at K-Mart this morning and hauled it
      out to the arboretum sparrow patch. Unfortunately, most of the seed is
      milo, which the birds around here don't seem to like. In the morning I
      will augment it with millet I have left over from last year. It shouldn't
      take the birds very long to return for your viewing pleasure.

      I stopped by the flooded fields on Hwy 24 and found nine Wilson's Snipe,
      eight Long-billed Dowitchers and one Lincoln's Sparrow among Song and
      White-crowned Sparrows.

      Denny

      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * dgranstrand@... *
      * Denny's bird photos can be seen online at: *
      http://granstrand.net/gallery/