SR-24 "ponds" Yakima) this morning

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005

      A quick check of the flooded fields from the shoulder (busy) of SR-24) this
      morning wasn't very good for shorebirds, but sparrows added some excitement.
      This area is just east of the Yakima River in Yakima.

      In the shorebird clan I only saw Killdeer, Wilson's Snipe, and Long-billed
      Dowitcher. Sparrows, however, were well represented. In one scraggly Russian
      Olive at the east end of the easternmost "pond," I spished up Savannah,
      Song, Lincoln's, WHITE-THROATED), and White-crowned Sparrows.