Black Swifts above Bear Creek Mountain

  • osprey@nwinfo.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2001
      Yakkers,

      My wife and I hiked to the top of Bear Creek Mountain today. As we were
      eating lunch at the top, I noticed two Black Swifts flying above the summit.
      This is my first sighting away from the summit of Chinook Pass. Other birds
      seen or heard on the hike were singing Varied Thrushes, Hermit Thrushes, two
      Fox Sparrows, one Townsend's Solitaire and many Dark-eyed Junkos. An
      immature accipiter flew from a tree as I neared the summit but I did not get
      a good look at it, though I was only five feet away from it when it flew.

      Denny
      * Denny Granstrand *
      * Yakima, WA *
      * osprey@... *