Re: [BirdYak] Ken's sightings.

  • BirdAHikes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 28, 2001
      I had two male Western Tanagers in my yard in Selah on Tuesday evening -- that was a first for my yard!

      Did a little (very little -- I was on a tour) birdwatching in England. Saw a Grey Heron, Chaffinch, Rooks, Robin (English), Blackbirds (a lot like our Robins), and Collared Doves (as well as the usual magpies, crows, ravens, House Sparrows, etc.). If I'd had the time and the wherewithal, I'd have liked to get out to do more birding but it's difficult in cities and on tours. Oh, also saw Shelducks wharfside in Lincoln. Saw some hawks but didn't have my binos with me at the time (on the bus from Oxford to Heathrow).

      Maia Kelly