Re: [BirdYak] catbird yardbird

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 2005
      Hi Everyone,

      Gray Catbirds are uncommon and local summer residents in high quality
      riparian habitats in the Yakima Valley. Observations of migrants away from
      their breeding habitat are virtually unknown.here, in contrast to eastern
      North America where catbirds are more common and widespread and are thus
      met with more easily. As this species is very near the northwestern edge of
      its range, the lack of observations of birds on migration and in atypical
      habitat is not surprising. Since I began record keeping in 1972, I have one
      record of Gray Catbird away from breeding habitat, a singing male was in the
      shrubbery in Parker Heights north of Wapato 27-28 May 1991.