Hummers

  • John J. Hebert
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 20 10:16 PM
      I see so few hummingbirds in my yard south of the airport that I
      was motivated to setup a hummy feeder when I saw a lone
      individual hanging around the yard yesterday. I was unsure what I
      was looking at until a bright Rufous female showed up to upstage
      the larger but paler Black-throated (female, juvenile?). Both
      were seen yesterday and today at the feeder. The Black-throated
      is an exciting new yard bird for me.

      John J. Hebert
      Yakima, WA
    • Eric Heisey
      Message 2 of 3 , May 9, 2013
        Black-chinned Hummingbirds are back at my feeders.

        Eric
      • moonax52
        Message 3 of 3 , May 4

          I had male Rufous and Calliope hummers in my yard near Grandview today also.

          Phyllis